- Personal information
To fulfil our work together, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, phone number and postal address. You may also provide me with additional personal information related to your commission (for example, addresses of wedding guests for envelope addressing.) I use this information to deliver my services; it is used solely for the purpose of fulfilling your commission and is then deleted accordingly. In sharing this information with me, you are consenting to my use and storage of this information for the duration of our work together, and for six months after our work completes in case further follow up or feedback is required.
I keep work on file for photographing, portfolio and marketing purposes. I retain full copyright over the designs and reserve the right to re-use them in the future. This includes using images on social media and my website, including them in sample packs and displaying them at wedding fairs and events. I will not use anything including your home address or contact details. If you do not wish me to use your samples for future marketing then please let me know.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide and complete my illustration services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide additional support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may change at any time, for example by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
- Information sharing
- I use MailChimp to manage my mailing list, to provide you with information about my products and services. You can read more about how MailChimp uses your Personal Information at https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. You can unsubscribe from my mailing list at any time through an ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every email.
- I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email me as soon as possible and I will correct any inaccuracies.
- Data Retention
- Your Rights
If you live in certain countries, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These are as follows:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Polly Crossman, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may write to me at Polly Crossman, 21 Watcombe Road, London, SE25 4XA
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
My website use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps me analyse data about web page traffic and improve my website in order to tailor it to customer needs. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.
Overall, cookies help me provide you with a better website, by enabling me to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with me.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.